Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36

PICTURE: Holy Snowing! Yes, I took this while I was driving down SR 13 in the blizzard-like snow this morning. Where did it come from?! I wasn't expecting this when I left Upward.


READING: Leviticus 24-25. Today's reading talked about The Year of Jubilee. I had never heard of this. My Bible gave lots of rules and laws about this Year of Jubilee, but I didn't quite get what it was all about. So, I looked it up on the internet. Here is what I found on www.growthingod.org.uk:

"At this year of jubilee all Israelites who had sold themselves into slavery were set free, and all land that had been sold reverted to its original owner. This meant that no Israelite could ever be in permanent slavery; nor could any Israelite permanently lose his inheritance."

1 comment:

  1. Yes it was quite exciting driving to and from Upwards Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete