Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19

PICTURE: School is closed! This is what Linus and I did all day...lounged! Me in my glasses and jammies, Linus with a blankie on the couch. This was a good day! (I did do some school work, but stayed in my jammies.)

READING: Exodus 11-13. Wow! That is all I can verbalize after these 3 chapters. (normally I take a 1/2 page in my journal for my daily reading....today's took a whole page). Exodus 12:12 "On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn - both men and animals - and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD." God is showing his power and judgment.

Then comes my favorite part in the OT...Exodus 12:31-42, The Exodus. Scripture records that there were 600,000 men! My guess is that, with women and children, there were over 1 million Israelites! Exodus 12:51 "And on that very day the LORD brought the Israelites out of Egypt by their divisions." HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!

Again, words cannot express how in awe I am of God right now....

No comments:

Post a Comment