Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2

PICTURE: Go Bears! Mom and Dad have been coming over most weekends to watch the Bears at my house. Today at the end of a rather pathetic game (on the part of the Bears), Linus decided he wanted to sit with dad and I! He parked his rear on dad's shoulder and leaned the rest of himself up against me. I LOVE THIS DOG!



READING: Genesis 5-8. I realized a few things today in my reading. Genesis 6:5-6 says "The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on earth, and his heart was filled with pain." (emphasis mine) Yesterday, I shared how awesome it was that God created us in HIS image. Today God is "filled with pain" because of the wickedness of His creation. Sin had seeped into every single cell of human-kind! And "God's heart was filled with pain" because of the sin.

But (here is the good in all of this) Genesis 6:8 says, "But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD." Thank goodness there was one person who went against the flow. Noah, in a world where every inclination of people was evil, found favor in the eyes of the Lord. If God had not seen the good in Noah - if Noah had not given himself to God - I wouldn't be sittin here typing right now!

What I learned is that even when everything around me seems to be sinful I can CLING TO GOD and seek favor in the eyes of the Lord. That is encouraging!

1 comment:

  1. If Linus doesn't inspire a story in you, I think he may for me! :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete