Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 85

PICTURE: South Side Soda Shop with Jackson. I had the pleasure of hangin with my awesome nephew and we had to run to Goshen. It was dinner time so I asked him what he wanted to eat. "CHINESE!" was his quick reply, but I wasn't diggin it. So, I suggested the Soda Shop. "I've never eaten there," was Jack's reply. HE LOVED IT! We had a good time hangin out, eatin food, and laughing about the silly things we do.


READING: 1 Samuel 17-18. Goliath is boasting! And he presented quite the bet to the Israelites. The Israelites were "dismayed and terrified."

Puny, young David comes along and says, "The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine."

And HE did!!

Later in 1 Sam 18:8 I read this, "Saul was very angry...." Saul is SOOOOO jealous of David. Why? The reality is that David had more faith than Saul. David trusted God to deliver him from death. Saul has some serious issues to work through.

1 comment:

  1. Good choice! Sometimes they have funky seafood on their 'Specials' board outside. It worries me, so I just get a shake and a burger. Only seems right.

    ReplyDelete